Monday, October 11, 2010

True Love

what more could he want
it was an incredibly stupid question and when he failed to answer i was reminded of just how lucky i truly am. movie characters might chase each other through the fog or race down the stairs of burning buildings but thats for beginners. real love amounts to withholding the truth even when you are offered the perfect opportunity to hurt someones feelings. i wanted to say something but my hand puppets were back home in their drawer. instead i pulled my chair a few inches closer and we sat silently at our little table on the square looking for all the world like two people in love.

the end of the affair by david sedaris

1 comment:

Jon Beard said...

I LOVE this story (that's why I never say anything to hurt its feelings)! It's also one of my favorite endings... Double winner in my book.
Jon