Monday, December 10, 2007

Patriarchy

someone: I'm pretty sure you could make a case that everything leads to violence against women
me: interesting
i would suggest that's because we live in a patriarchal society which exists on the premise of violence against women
without violence, patriarchy wouldn't exist
someone: i think we used to
me: we use to live in a patriarchy?
someone: yes
me: we still live in a patriarchy.
someone: not completely
me: absolutely completely
someone: possibly not at all soon
me: not likely
but my hope is someday
someone: you want hillary then
me: hillary has not much at all to do with it
someone: wouldnt she
me: no
lots of feminists have penis's and lots of vaginas are misogynistic

"someone" = educated, white, middle class, christian, able-bodied, heterosexual man.
"me" = educated, white, middle class, christian, able-bodied, heterosexual woman.

No comments: