Friday, November 2, 2007

is it any wonder

Last week I took pity on a poor homeless puppy who's owner is too sick on chemo/in and out of the hospital to take care of him. So we decided to foster. That made 4 dogs in our house. And 2 cats. If nothing else, it had to be good for some karmic brownie points, and at best, we'd have another cute little puppy to play with.

After a week of no sleep. We are giving the devil dog back to the universe. He's getting picked up today at 4 and good riddance. Last night, in the midst of barking, pooping in the house, trying to eat the cats and hump the other dogs, driving me out of my room, getting us up to take him out at 4 am...he somehow from his crate got my favorite pillow off of my bed and shredded it.

I was given said pillow a number of years ago as a birthday gift from my person. He said the color reminded them of me and I slept on it when I had migranes and every other pillow hurt too much. It was highly sentimental, I welled up this morning when I found the remains. It seems symbolic of the shreds of the relationship as the last thing I could cling to lay in pieces on the floor by the crate of my good intentions. It was a really fucking cool pillow.

...
Last night Chris and I went to dinner and a play. I had a margarita sampler (6 mini margaritas) and was delighted by colorful tequila in mini glasses with tiny straws. The show, DOUBT, was coincidentally about child predation in a catholic school. Really good. Difficult to watch. Reminecent of the gray shading within human character in Crash or Closer. Also kind of scary how convincingly someone can sound justifying child molestation and sucessfully garnering sympathy - rather than accountability for violence against a child.

Also coincidentally: We chose to wear fake mustaches to watch The Office. In which various characters were also wearing fake mustaches. Seriously. I think it means I'm cosmically connected to The Office.

1 comment:

Adina said...

hey. sorry to hear about the pillow. that sounds lame but i do understand. i have high attachment to certain things and while it may be representative of our material culture in this moment that doesn't matter b/c they are the inanimate objects that represent support in our lives and are the silent witnesses to the things those people are not. so while this may be grossly sentimental, i understand and feel for you. mourn for your pillow, not for long but you can give it a moment.

and if you're laughing at me right now thats ok too...

on another note i miss you and hope to talk to you soon as i am diving in to all this women's studies and activism stuff...