Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Some Variations and Crooked Conversations

A brief update in some stolen spare time:

Thursday I took my sister to her first Umphrey's show! My own first was just a touch over a year ago (last July to be precise). Incredible time had by all.

10/25/07 Higher Ground, South Burlington, VT
Set I: Out of Order> Visions of Parin> In the Kitchen, Great American1> I've Got a Feeling1> Great American1, 13 Days> JaJunk
Set II: The Crooked One> Cherub Rock, Mail Package, Miss Tinkle's Overture, Much Obliged> Pearl Necklace2> Hurt Bird Bath
Encore: Pay the Snucka

1 Benny Yurco of Turkey Bullion Mafia (Guitar)
2 Chris Friday (Vocals
)

Two observations - Miss Tinkle's Overture may be the sexiest thing to hear live. Pay the Snucka was the best I've heard it yet.


*****

Not to be cryptic, but I'm slightly amused by some recent bloggular activity. A certain person seems to be experiencing certain life circumstances reminicent of my own about 6 months ago. Ironically, she was one who opted out of being a decent person and it seems karma has caught up. Not that I wish this nameless person pain, but I can't help but doubt that s/he's realized the parallel and considered their part in my summer misfortunes (they're not one to get much beyond their own life). I don't know the details, as we've lost touch, nonetheless, I do chuckle at the universe sometimes.

*****

I'm going to a Burning Man Decompression at the Museum of Arts in Queens this weekend. The theme is Concrete Jungle. My costume is beyond bitchin. I've got butterflies. Seriously.

*****

Work has been beyond nuts, I'm a touch overwhelmed. Some things are coming up mid-Nov that will be a challenge personally. We'll see how it goes. I'm still in a holding pattern regarding "Getting Involved!" and "Getting a Life!" But I'm sure they're coming.

No comments: