Friday, September 14, 2007

Commenting guidelines

There have been some comments that are making me uncomfortable, and since this is my virtual space, I've decided that my discomfort is reason enough for some objection. I left this in the comments, but would like to post for the general public to keep in mind while perusing this blog.

Hi Guys,
I'm really stoked that there's some conversation going on, and I appreciate opinions which differ from my own, but I'm going to ask that those who chose to comment will please research and educate themselves a bit before doing so. Even a simple skimming of a few related news sources would suffice. I've posted some materials here to get the conversation started, but these are by no means the extent of information that I have myself consumed while formulating my opinion, and I would ask that you go a bit beyond, especially where there are such intense feelings of bias in the materials that I have provided.

I would also ask for a modicum of respect in articulating differences of opinions and focusing on the topic at hand without attacking, or drenching your comments in condecention and sarcasm.

Finally, the bottom line is that this is my personal blog and I can say whatever I want to. I try to adhere to my sense of ethics in doing this, and those make it difficult for me to censor, but ultimately, I will if I feel that the comments are unwarrented, uneducated, or offensive. If you don't like it, get your own blog.

Thanks.

No comments: