Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Do you know how long a year takes when it's going away?

"This long." He snapped his fingers. "A second ago you were stepping into college with you lungs full of fresh air. Today you're an old man."
"Old? What are you talking about?"
"Old."
"I'm not old."
"You're inches away from death every time you go on a mission. How much older can you be at your age? A half minute before that you were stepping into high school, and an unhooked brassiere was as close as you ever hoped to get to Paradise. Only a fifth of a second before that you were a small kid with a ten-week summer vacation that lasted a hundred thousand years and still ended too soon. Zip! They go rocketing by so fast. How the hell are you ever going to slow time down?"
"Well maybe it's true, maybe a long life does have to be filled with many unpleasant conditions if it's to seem long. But in that event, who wants one?"
"I do."
"Why?"
"What else is there?"

***
The Lake was wonderful. I need to be reminded sometimes when I start getting overwhelmed. I love the space, I had the best company, I think better in fresh air, and ate lots of macaroni and cheese. (I mean LOTS). I try not to get to sentimental and emotional on my blog, but the macaroni was out of this world.

***
I think one should always wet the hands BEFORE applying soap when washing hands.

***
I'm a genius with venison sausage - so far it goes well in spinach soup, and my special fajitas (which are wonderful). I also make the best souped up spinach and artichoke dip. I should know. I ate the whole thing over 3 days of nothing but spinach and artichoke dip.

Also: tofu really is as versatile and delicious as mom always said it was.

***
Does anyone else get in situations where they know intimate details about a person they've never actually met and who don't know them?
Example: A certain person had a sleepover approximately a month ago and approximately 3 days later posted a relationship with another person on facebook. The girlfriend was then sitting next to me yesterday in a volunteer training. And speaking about things where people could have come up. But they didn't. Because I am a good person. I don't blow up spots.

Understand?

***
Speaking of volunteering...the conference today was amazing and it is official that I need to work in Sexual Assault prevention on a campus. I met one of my heroes today and actually said to another person "oh my gosh, I am such a fan of your work. I can not wait to hear you speak in person." Yea. Awestruck. He was fantastic.

***
My roommate's 16 year old dog got put down yesterday and she BALLED. I mean full lung, noisy weeping. I don't think that I have ever even seen crying like that before, let alone done it. Nate says he likes me because I'm not overly emotional (actually he told me I'm a girl by anatomy only). Actually, I think I'm highly emotional by nature, but manifest it in much less obvious ways. Crying that hard must feel really good.

***
Nate and I are going to trade music libraries.

1 comment:

Monika said...

that was the most random posting of thought. I feel confused. Its like lil snippets into your life...