Friday, May 25, 2007

My Memorial Day



I will be in Boston this Memorial Day weekend, working retain instead of going to cookouts in the woods and roasting marshmallows over raging bonfires. Nonetheless determined to have some semblance of a cookout, I made up this little masterpiece.

99% lean ground turkey, garlic and herb seasoning, spinach and feta burger (topped with Land o' Lakes american) on toasted whole wheat bread. Accompanied with fried potatoes and peppers in the same garlic and herb seasoning. I will be eating it with a glass of Riesling. Or a bottle. The only short coming is that we have an apparent shortage of ketchup. I swear if you searched you'd find the bottle that I swear I pilfered, but apparently it's missing. Quite the mystery...

1 comment:

Tara said...

hey! cookout - my house - you be there and bring the smore materials. we've got a little bonfire thing in the middle of the yard for roasting!