Thursday, January 4, 2007

I LOVE YOU

So we're in a car coming back from Michigan and Mo calls. Blah blah, usual convo, we make plans for tonight and I hang up. Dan says to me "did she just say she loves you?? And you said ' yea, thanks'!?!" (way to evesdrop ps). He tells me I am a bad friend and should call back and say something better than thanks. Apparently saying 'thanks' is not an appropriate response to 'I love you'.

In my defense, I am sure that I did NOT respond to I love you with a thanks. I must have been saying thanks about something else and just failed to respond at all to the love part. (doesn't make me sound much better tho, huh.) Let's chalk that up to a miscommunication and leave me alone.

TODAY I'm running between Davenports doing move ins (with barefeet no less, hense the title of the blog) when I hear "KATEEEEEE" The conversation went something like this:

Chris: KATE I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
me: I MISS YOU TOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
*a few things I forget*
Chris: I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
me: OK, CALL ME LATER!
Chris: YOU KNOW I WILL!!!

*all the caps are because this was shouted across the street.

First thing I thought was: "she's so not going to call me"
The second was: "Shit, 'OK' is even worse than 'thanks'!

I may have some love issues.

No comments: